Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 9: We can't believe the trip is ending. What a trip it has been!

Ola from the Hounds at our last day in Portugal! We have had a great time here in Portugal and earlier in Spain! It has been an amazing trip with lots of amazing memories! Today we traveled to Lisbon to take a 3 hour sail boat ride along the coast of Portugal. Despite the misty weather and clouds, we had a great time seeing Portugal from the water! After sailing we walked around a town called Belem and grabbed a quick lunch before sitting down at Pasteis de Belem pastry shop to have their famous ***** pastries. We then rode back to Lisbon to go to the Oceanario de Lisboa, or the Aquarium of Lisbon, which is the second largest aquarium in the world. Our travels in Lisbon continued when we finished the day off with a nice team dinner. It was a long, fun day with the greatest team on earth. I can't believe this trip is already over! There were so many memories made here in Europe to love and cherish for years to come. My favorite memory was walking around Madrid after the Champions League Final between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. The atmosphere was unmatched by any other sporting event I have seen. It was great to be apart of the Madrid soccer culture for a night!
Thanks for following us on our travels through Europe and our great experiences!
      -Nellie

 My favorite part of the trip was being in Madrid before, during, and after Real Madrid's huge win. The energy in the city was great and the crowd that gathered afterwards was massive. It was truly a once in a lifetime chance to experience a such an important win while being in the winning team's city.
-Natalie

The most memorable part of this trip was when we got to experience the huge win in Madrid. It honestly was one of the best experiences of my life and I could have not asked anything better to end my time in Madrid. If I could relive that night over and over again I absolutely would! Nothing will ever compare to the atmosphere of that night, just the people cheering and celebrating was amazing.
- Alesha   

There are so many memories from this amazing experience that it is very difficult to choose just one to write about.  However, I have to say taking a tour of Toledo was my absolute favorite part of this trip.  The city was very quiet but had a lot to offer.  The scenery was gorgeous.  It seemed as if it was taken out of a painting and the food was delicious.  It was a great memory that I will cherish forever.
-Marie

The past ten days have been absolutely wonderful here in Europe. Seeing amazing breathtaking cities, tasting amazing food, and spending time with wonderful people players, coaches, parents, and tour guides alike. My favorite part of this experience was being able to spend time and get to know everyone a little bit better. Also the Futbol Championship Match in Madrid was cool too! It's been a such a great experience and I am truly sad to see it end but I look forward to a spectacular final basketball season for me, which is right around the corner!
-Jackiee

I really enjoyed hanging on the beach, paddle-boarding and playing against great teams in Lisbon. Even though we weren't able to get the wins we wanted, it was absolutely a great opportunity for our team to play together and an awesome experience competing with teams who had former WNBA players and girls who will be playing Division I basketball in the states. Overall the trip was amazing and I don't think I really have a favorite part. Madrid and Lisbon were both beautiful and fun! Can't believe our trip is coming to a close, but I had the best time!
-Emily

I am thrilled that I was able to have the opportunity to go on this trip.  It was an absolutely amazing experience to see some beautiful places and to try new foods that I have never eaten before.  Being able to play against a former WNBA player and a soon to be Division I player was awesome.  I believe my favorite part of the trip was going to the beautiful beaches in Portugal.  Also going downtown in Madrid after the big win was an experience that I will never forget.  All in all the trip was great and I am glad that I got to spend it with my teammates and coaches.  Sadly the trip is coming to an end, but this is one I will never forget!
-Courtney

This trip to Spain and Portugal was an eye opener to many new experiences and opportunities. It was great to see different cities such as Lisbon and Madrid. The food was all really wonderful as well. Being in these different countries made me try new types of food and let me see that there was more than just the American food I have been eating for the past 18 years. Playing basketball here has to be my favorite memory. Being able to play against a former WNBA player and meeting other girls from Spain and Portugal was something that I will always remember. It was nice to know that my teammates were with me every step of the way throughout this experience. I could not think of a better group of girls to share this with. Overall this trip has made me step out of my comfort zone and and see new things for a change. I could never forget the impact that this trip will have on me for the rest of my life.
-Tristen

This trip to Spain and Portugal was definitely an amazing experience. We all experienced new things and new opportunities. My favorite part of the trip was exploring Toledo. It was a view I will never forget. Besides Toledo, I really enjoyed being a part of the celebration in Madrid after the big win. Besides all of the sight seeing and exploring, we managed to play three games. Even though we did not win these games, they were all a learning experience. We played against girls around our age and even a former WNBA player. I thought playing here was something I will never forget in all my years of playing basketball. I also thought having my mom here was nice. It was good having her around and I know my teammates and coaches enjoyed her company also. I am so happy i got to experience this trip and i would not have wanted it with any other team!
-Cori

From the only mom (parent): what an absolute privilege it was to travel to Spain and Portugal with the Moravian Women's Basketball team. To the Green's: your company and conversations were quite memorable, i.e. the "broken shoe". This was all made possible by the coaches and I say thank you. I hope you continue to explore the world with your future players.
-Janet

The memories and laughs that I have made will stay with me forever. This whole trip was a once in the lifetime experience. I could not have been more indebted having this opportunity and want to thank my parents for this amazing exposure to new two new cultures. As for this being my first time in Europe I would not have wanted it to be with any other group of people. I cannot decide on my favorite or most memorable part of this trip but I do have a top 3! I will never forget while in Madrid experiencing the celebration of the city during the championship league final; the streets were packed with people cheering. I cannot believe I have had the chance to play against some of the best basketball players from Spain and Portugal and this is something I am proud to say I have done. I also enjoyed participating in the scavenger hunt throughout Madrid that our coaches created for us. With all my scenic photos and selfies I hope to create a scrapbook when I get home and I also want to say thank you to Mrs. Weiss and Mr. and Mrs. Green for coming along on this journey it was a pleasure to have you and your support with us! Another thanks to our coaches for making this possible for all of us and I hope all of our followers have enjoyed the pictures that have been posted and reading our blog. Unfortunately our trip has come to an end, but it is one I will never forget!!
-Karlee 


I could not be more grateful to have gone on such an incredible trip with the people I am surrounded by.  The memories I made will last a lifetime. Whether it's raging in the square after the big soccer game in Madrid or soaking up the sun on the coast of Portugal, everyone involved in making this trip happen has made it the time of my life and I thank you all for that. Although I enjoyed Portugal, Spain was my favorite of the two countries we visited on this trip. Maybe it is my favoritism towards the city, but Madrid was alive and beautiful and I enjoyed every second of exploring it. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to study the norms of these two cultures, as well as the differences in ours and theirs. It astounds me how much they adore soccer compared to the way Americans do. I would also like to thank the coaches for making this trip so special and keeping us busy the entire time, as well as Pedro, Sally, the Green's and Mrs. Weiss, it was a joy getting to know each one of you a bit more. Although I'm sad to leave, I'm happy I could come on this trip and make memories with some of my best friends.
-Morgan
One of the two boats that we sailed on today.
 Getting ready for our sailing trip



No comments:

Post a Comment